Monday, October 31, 2011

Christmas 1863

Near Dalton Ga
Dec 25th 1863

Dear Sister

I will once more write you a few lines as I have an opportunity of sending it by hand, Boot Scott of our company is going to start home on furlough to night. I am well at present and that is all I have time to write for I was busy working on a chimney to our house and Boot said he was going to wait until to marrow but he found out he could get off to night and he is going to start. I have had a very dull Christmas thus far but I have enjoyed myself a great better than I did last Christmas. I had a pretty good dinner to day. Capt Burche’s wife came up to see him to day and brought him several good things to eat and Jim Lee invited me to eat with him and you know I wouldn’t refuse. Well Mary I will have to close as Root is about ready to start. It is now about 8 o clock and I am sitting in my house writing my firelight. So you must excuse bad writing and all mistakes. So nothing more at present. From you affectionate brother,
Arch

No comments:

Post a Comment