Thursday, November 3, 2011

February the 2nd 1864

Camp near Dalton Ga
February the 2nd 1864
Dear Sister
I will now attempt to write you a few lines as I have a little leisure time before drill. I haven’t received a letter from you in some time but I think that perhaps I may yet get one to day. I have no news of importance to write. We have got splendid weather up here now.

Well Mary I didn’t get to write much before drill and I haven’t much time now as I am going to send this by Julius Havis. He has got a furlough and expects to start in less than a half an hour. We have all gone in for the war. That is all of our company except three and one of them is Jim Lee. I am in hopes that I will draw the next furlough when Julius comes back. We all drew for the one that he got but I was not fortunate enough to get it. Well Mary I must close as he is pretty near ready to start. I am in the best of health at present so nothing more to present. from Arch

No comments:

Post a Comment